Sunday, September 29, 2013

"Normal"

I am having a rough time lately. I used to love the weekends so I could spend time with Matt and Luke and do family fun things. What I would call "normal" family things. Going places, doing things, etc. However, because Luke is Luke we aren't able to do these things. He will either not enjoy it (therefore putting more stress on me) or not even know/understand what we are doing. I was telling Matt today that I wanted to be able to do these "normal" things with he and Luke. He told me that Luke isn't "normal" and I needed to stop thinking that way. BIG HELP! My way of coping is to sleep all weekend. Matt hates that, I don't blame him. In my head I think that if he had to deal with Luke for two days like I do on a daily basis, then he would understand. He doesn't.

Lately Luke is having a fit when we go out to eat. I have no idea why. We usually end up leaving most of our food uneaten to go home because no one wants to listen to Luke scream in a restaurant. I am done going out to eat for a while. Part of the problem is that Luke can't sit in a high chair/booster seat etc. I have yet to find anything that is designed for a kid like him. So we end up holding him. I think that is what he doesn't like. He can't "play" around with his food like he does at home. I don't know.

Luke officially started his new therapy last Monday. It was the same girl we met with for the evaluation. I am not sold on this yet. This therapist doesn't seem to care. She just acts like this is her job, she will put in her hours and be done. I need someone that gives a damn. She doesn't really talk to me and when I do say something I usually get one word answers. I voiced my concerns to Luke's therapist through First Steps and she suggested I go somewhere else. I am looking at other options. 

I have done about all I can do around the house for now. We can't afford to do much more. The house next door to us FINALLY sold (been on the market for almost 5 years) so that should help us when we want to sell ours. 

Anyway, I am done rambling....

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete